If you suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident (i.e. a car, motorbike, lorry, train, boat, truck or any other motor vehicle) that was caused by another person or where you were only partially responsible, you have a right to claim. This is known as a Motor Accident Claim. It is compulsory for all vehicles registered in Queensland to have third party insurance so the claim will proceed against the CTP insurer of the vehicle at fault. If however, as mentioned above, the accident involves an unidentified vehicle (e.g. a “hit and run” or an unregistered vehicle), there is an insurer against whom the claim will be made; i.e. the Nominal Defendant, the Government insurer.